Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It is no coincidence that I watched Top of the Lake right before I came to this island.


GJ: So you're on your knees?

Robin nods.

GJ: Good. Now die to yourself. To your idea of yourself. Everything you think you are, you’re not. What’s left, find out.

***

Robin: How do I help myself? 

 GJ: Why should I tell you when you don’t listen? 

 Robin: I am listening.

 GJ: NO! All you hear are your own crazy thoughts, like a river of SHIT, ON AND ON! See your thoughts for what they are! Stop your helping! Stop your planning! There’s NO WAY OUT! Not for others! Not for you! We’re living out here, at the end of the road at the end of the earth in a place called Paradise, how’s it going perfect? 

 All shake heads 

GJ: NO! You are madder than ever. 
To Robin: You are tired? 

 Robin nods yes.

GJ: So lie down right here, be like a cat, heal yourself. There’s no match for the tremendous intelligence of the body. Rest.

I found this sign today, abandoned, on the coast:

No comments: