Thursday, May 2, 2013


I knew he was mine because I stuck his entire head in my mouth the moment I picked him up in a shelter southwest of Denver, and he didn't move. He is part rabbit. He was almost 4 months old and his name was Sulu but I don't give two shits about Stark Trek so I renamed him Navidson because he was obsessed with the long hallway in my then downtown Denver apartment. He likes to sit in windows and yell at people who walk by and yell at bugs and also yell at the shadows of birds on my blinds. I can't feed him treats anymore because he throws up if I do. He wears a wizard collar because he is a wizard. It's been almost 6 years. We've lived in Denver, Littleton, Salt Lake City, and Los Angeles. We were spooning during an apartment fire once, and we had to go outside and I don't know if he ever forgave me for it because the fire was imaginary and nothing burned down and it was snowing outside. 

No comments: