Sunday, December 9, 2012

"But I am very poorly today and very stupid and hate everybody and everything" is a thing Charles Darwin wrote in a letter to his friend, once. Is a thing I wrote in a letter to myself today. Ok I didn't write an actual letter, but you know what I mean. Sometimes academia and all the accompanying competition and chatter makes me feel like Charles Darwin did when he wrote those words. But this article by Robert Krulwich about that letter is one of those tiny golden straws I'm grasping at during this, paper writing week, the last week of the semester. Did I just mix metaphors? Do you see what I mean about very stupid?

Now someone please invent a way for me to pile these books into a pot, cook them, and make brilliant seminar paper soup out of them.

This is what is happening in my brain/head/life right now:


Ok goodnight.

No comments: