Monday, October 1, 2012

Two exciting things:

1. Got a tiny fellowship for the school year as a HASTAC Scholar. This means I get to play with lots of Digital Humanities people in a variety of fields and we get to think and talk and obsess over digital technologies and the ways in which they're shaping and not shaping out lives. Actually, their little self-definition banner puts it way better:
My "job" involves blogging, creating and hosting events, exploring conferences, and developing DH projects. Basically what I do all the time anyway, just alone in my head. Now I can step out of that tiny smooshy blob that is my brain and interact with other people and their smooshy blobs! [Gross.]

2. Whoever lived here before me subscribed to Wired and now I get his magazines fo' free! Super nerd score.

No comments: