Monday, September 24, 2012

I drank too much Bhakti Chai too late at night and now my body & brain are so stirred up, I can't even sit still. When this happens, my compulsive need to categorize and organize takes over. So, you know, here's a comprehensive catalogue of the art on my walls.

From a roadside shack in Quintana Roo, Mexico. Made in Guatemala.
From my friend, A, in Salt Lake City. Made by her friend in the book arts program at the University of Utah.
From a bookstore in Austin, TX. A cropped page from an old book with animal images.
From artists at Ink Lounge Creative in Denver. Celebrating the 2011 UMS.
From my friend, M, in Austin. A letterpress postcard depicting the Congress Ave bridge bats.
From a roadside shack in Quintana Roo, Mexico. Made by Tzopelli.
From the streets of La Boca, Buenos Aires. Made by an Argentine New Yorker whose name I can't recall.
From the 2012 UMS in Denver. Made by an artist at CrawlSpace Squared.
From my best friend, P, from an artist on etsy.
From photographer Lesley Brown in Marfa, TX.
From photographer Lesley Brown in Marfa, TX.
Forever my favorite piece of art that I own. Made by my best friends' [P&R] grandmother.
From P&R's mom, J.
From a Chicago photographer showing his work in Salt Lake City.
From the San Telmo street fair in Buenos Aires. Drawn by C├ęcile Perret

No comments: