Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I went to San Francisco for the first time ever this weekend, and I honestly cannot believe it has taken me 24 years to get there.

[REDACTED]

*
We ate at several delicious restaurants while in San Francisco. The first day, we walked to thai food on Divisadero with my Tiny Brother. Another day, a bunch of us went to a fantastic New Mexican restaurant where I had green chili lemonade and amazing chili rellenos. One night, some of us got tasty, gourmet burgers. Another night, our high school friend, the brand new chef at they place we stayed, cooked us the best dinner. Let me just say, I'm afraid of most seafood, this meal was packed with seafood, and it was my favorite meal of the trip.

One day, R's friend drove us up the coast to a very secluded black sand beach. It might be the most beautiful place I've ever been. It's certainly the most peaceful place I've ever been. The fog was very thick, it was pretty cold, and the sand was black, but consisted of billions of small pebbles that are actually very colorful up close. We spent hours just sitting in the sand, sifting through pebbles to find the most colorful ones, talking, breathing ocean air. The water was the clearest water I've ever seen and had this ice blue tint to it. Even though it was cold, we ran around the beach sans clothes, then dove in the water for a bit. Resumed pebble sifting after that until our hands were numb and we were tired from the relaxing atmosphere. 

Other things we/I did included walking around enjoying Alamo Square Park and the surrounding neighborhood, photographing graffiti, watching Lonely Island videos with the boys late at night, music sessions, hanging with D while he cooked, shopping with my brother for antiques to put in his new Oakland apartment, and watching through the window as toursits took photos of the place we stayed.  

No comments: