Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 24th: My 24th Birthday--

Friday[6/22] evening, I met my parents at one of my favorite restaurants, ChoLon, in downtown Denver for an early birthday dinner. The meal was incredible, as always.

We wandered Denver for a bit afterward. My dad left and my mom and I went and got desert at The Market.

Then we found a giant candy store where my mom bought me a bag of candy. 5 year olds got nothin' on me.

Saturday[6/23], R and I drove down to Red Rocks at 11am to meet up with our concert friends and wait in line to see Wilco. There was a lot of day drinking, many frozen grapes, Jay Z's Radiohead remixes, ice cubes, floppy hats, and NO FANNY PACKS.

Sunday![6/24], there was lots of sleeping in. Then R and I got a quick bite to eat before he drove me part of the way up 36 toward Estes Park, then through downtown, then up Canyon toward the creek, then further toward Nederland. It was all a diversion and after about 20 minutes of driving around, he pulled into the driveway at the St. Julien Hotel in downtown Boulder. His surprise was four hours at the St. Julien spa complete with a beautiful pool and hot tub, an outdoor terrace that overlooks the Flatirons, and a 75 minute massage [with rose petals and champagne] for both of us. I rarely post about anything this personal, but I am so in awe of this person's capacity for love and generosity, I can't do anything but celebrate it. I am beyond lucky.

After the St. Julien, we dressed up and walked to Jax for oysters and sazeracs.

Jax was followed by pork green chili, the best guacamole ever, and prickly pear margaritas at Tahona where our friends eventually met us to help celebrate.

The evening ended in the basement of Pearl St. Pub with a heated foosball match and birthday bourbon.

I couldn't ask for better friends, for a more amazing partner, or for a better place to spend this wonderful summer.

No comments: