But I also went home today to clean out my childhood room at my parents' house. Here's an abridged list of the things I found there:
- a collection of poker chips from casinos all over the western United States
- two pregnancy tests
- my ex boyfriend's empty bottle of Lacoste cologne
- every head band ever made
- way too many unrequited love poems that I wrote about someone who is still in my life, which is a little embarrassing
- my baby book
- letters my parents sent me at summer camp
- swim team ribbons
- a pin from the very first opening day at Coors Field
- printed out IM conversations between my cousin and me from when we were 14ish
- money from like a billion different countries
- chocolate from Rome that had actually turned to dust
- all sorts of bitchy stickers that I clearly bought from Hot Topic when I was 13
Then my mom and I went shopping for flowers, like we do every year. The store organizes their pots by color, which is pretty much exactly how my brain looks on the inside.
I move to Boulder on Tuesday.