Saturday, March 24, 2012

New favorite snack!

Did some reading, eating, grading, and talking at The Rose today. Turns out this amazing coffee shop is five blocks away from my apartment and has been the entire time I've lived here. I ate a Nutella brownie, then later a piece of toast smeared with avocado, olive oil, some sort of spices, and sea salt. Incredible. This is now one of the areas I'm considering moving to if I stay in SLC. It's either the Pierpont Ave neighborhood, 9th & 9th, the Aves, or somewhere on Broadway.











Across the street from The Rose and Pierpont Ave is this awesome mural. I remember seeing it for the first time when I visited SLC to find an apartment. And I remember thinking, ok, maybe this won't be so bad.





And for any of you who read this and wonder why it is that I keep a blog that is mostly pictures and personal [but not overly so] anecdotes, it's because it helps me to remember to appreciate all of the wonderful things around me. Otherwise I'm prone to being sucked into a supermassive black hole of grumps.

No comments: