Saturday, June 18, 2011

Westword Music Showcase 2011

Dovekins

Achille Lauro

Caleb Slade

Del the Funky Homosapien

A. Tom Collins

The Centennial

Spent most of the day in the Curious Theater. Turns out it makes a great concert venue. Best new [to me] band of the day was Dovekins. Bought their LP and live album. The thing about all my favorite Denver bands [aside from the fact that none of them exist anymore] is that they sound so much better live than recorded. Same goes for Dovekins. I wish I could share the amazing live Denver shows I've seen with everyone. We only caught the tail end of the A. Tom Collins set, but what we saw was fantastic and I'm looking forward to tracking them down at the UMS in July.

Also collected these strange things wandering Denver this afternoon:


Oh and by the way, this is my drive home to Littleton:




And this is where I live:

No comments: