Monday, June 20, 2011

Saw this movie today:

I won't provide anything in the way of a review, but I will recount my absolute favorite part [which will require a very small summary of two key plot points]:

The main character [Gil] travels back in time from 2010 to the 1920's in Paris. He meets Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald. Zelda is about to commit suicide by jumping into the river because Scott is off somewhere drinking and flirting with a woman and Zelda insists he's falling in love with said woman. She thinks Scott doesn't love her anymore. Gil says, "oh, he does. He loves only you." Zelda asks, "how do you know?" Gil answers, "oh. Trust me. Oh. I know." If you know anything about Scott and Zelda, and if you know anything about me, you know why I am drawn to this short exchange.

No comments: