Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dinner at Kentucky Pizza Bar last night. Now, I know what you're thinking. Why the hell would I go to a pizza joint named after one of the states when I can go to any pizza joint in Buenos Aires? [And anyway, what does Kentucky have to do with pizza?] Well just because it's named after Kentucky doesn't mean there's anything American about it. It boasts the best pizza in this neighborhood. Turns out, it's delicious. And wicked cheap. Approximately $13 USD for a large pizza, a 1.5 liter bottle of coke, and two pieces of something called faina [apparently the traditional way to eat pizza in Argentina and Uruguay].

Today I explored Palermo's parks. Last year I visited the lovely Jardín Japonés, so this time I went to Bosques de Palermo and el Jardín Botánico. All I've got left to see in that area is the zoo. They have llamas. For realsies.
Read for awhile in the rose garden. Tell me this doesn't look like the entrance to heaven [or wherever you want to go when you die].






walk to jardín botánico


el jardín








I stopped at Alto Palermo for some food on my way back home. Shopping malls here are nothing like they are in the states. They're very elegant with interesting architecture and tasty, often healthy, restaurants. [Why do I always think architecture has a "q" in it?]

[FYI, a few of these photos are taken with my iPhone, but most of them are taken with my (early) birthday present from my parents. My Canon Powershot s95, also known as the awesomest point-and-shoot ever.]

2 comments:

iwantmythunder said...

I'm obsessed with that dog.

Ali Pearl said...

me too. I wanted to steal him. he was HUGE.