Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I just found an old document with the songs titles of a mix I made right after I moved back from New York City. I provide it now as evidence of my ridiculously strong associations between music and places/events/people. Because after every song, I also listed the location I was in when most frequently listening to the song. And yes, I can absolutely organize my music autobiographically.

R Train/Union Square/Evening
Nowhere Warm - Kate Havnevik [Yellow and Green Subway Lines]
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane [4 & 6 Trains]
Mr Blue - Catherine Feeny [Green Line]
Start Without Me - Pedro The Lion [ Rockefeller Center]
I Don't Want To Die Anymore - New Radicals [Union Sq./St. Mark's Place]
Another New Year - Shane Bartell [Midtown at dusk]
Venus In Furs - The Velvet Underground & Nico [Union Square, night]
The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine - Spoon [Union Square/R Train/Midtown]
Speed Trials - Elliott Smith [M66 Crosstown Bus]
I Hope I Didn't Just Give Away The Ending - New Radicals [Lower East Side/Delancy&Essex]
Joe's Head - Kings of Leon [6 Train/Upper East Side/Union Sq.]
Lover Arrive - Ambrosia [Staten Island Ferry]
Life In A Glass House - Radiohead [Airport]

No comments: