Sunday, September 5, 2010

In the distance, I hear a few cars and a booming voice, like a preacher, shouting sounds I can't make out. Maybe it's music...? Maybe at Kilby Court.

Last night, sitting on my balcony, I suddenly heard fireworks. And looked south and there was a massive fireworks show.

I've been seeing a lot of movies lately. Netflix and the local cinema, Broadway Centre. I've seen:
Children of Invention
New York, I love You
Humboldt County
Get Low
The Kids Are Alright
Life During Wartime

My favorite of these is Get Low with Robert Duvall. Incredibly sad but wonderful. All of these movies are sad in a cheating on your spouse, killing yourself, abandoning your children, killing others, lonely kind of way. I'm not too good at picking out things uplifting.

The soundtrack to my days is Arcade Fire's The Suburbs.

No comments: