Thursday, April 29, 2010

Three important pictures for the day:

1.The famous Obelisco on la Avenida 9 de julio


2.La Casa Rosada, where la Presidenta Cristina Fernández de Kirchner works, on la plaza de mayo


3.Boats in the marina next to where we* ate dinner. Which for me was bread and butter due to what I will call lack-of-sleep-nausea.

We wandered the streets of the microcentro and most of the main downtown area of BA. Encountered a park we plan to return to later, during daylight. Bought some postcards [soon coming to a mailbox near you]. And had coffee at el Café Tortoni. And now, by god, I will finally sleep so I will not feel like a person who feels like a sandbag. Excited for breakfast on my hostel's terrace tomorrow morning.

Coming to Argentina is quite possibly the best decision I've ever made.


*I made two new friends. Simon and Lillian. And they are wonderful. Lillian is from the city, thank god, and directed us around all day.

2 comments:

iwantmythunder said...

Oh man I am so happy you are happy! And these pictures are so pretty! See, this is the gReatest eveR! You will have an amazing time i knew it i knew it i knew it. And youwill not be a sandbag. Also, I like how the streets are named after months. I love you billions.

Monet said...

I hate that feeling...when I was in Madrid, it took me a couple of days before my body and my stomach caught up with me.
By the way, I love the name Lillian. It just rolls off the tongue like warm grape jelly.