Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some time last week, I bought a homeless man a sandwich because it was nice out. Our conversation went a little like this:

Me: Are you hungry?
Man[whispering]:
Yes? I haven't eaten in three days.
Me: Do you want a sandwich? I'm going to Corner Bakery.
Man: Ok.
Me: Is there anything you don't like? Like anything you don't want on it?
Man [very confused]: Um, no...

So I go buy a ham and swiss sandwich because I feel like a total idiot for asking someone who can't afford to eat if they are picky. And I figure everyone likes that sandwich. Yeah. I am the most smart. So basically, I get him a sandwich and give it to him:

Me: Here you go. I got you some napkins. Goodbye.
Man: Wait.
I turn around.
Man:
When you asked if there's anything I don't like. I don't like black olives.

Yeah so just because you're homeless doesn't mean that black olives aren't still gross. That's all I'm saying.

No comments: